Looking for a premier seafood restaurant in the heart of Glasgow’s theatre district? Look no further than the elegant yet modern Gamba – a beautiful basement venue where you can find the best of fresh, locally sourced seafood.
An established and respected venue, Gamba offers some of Scotland’s best dishes, from Scottish lobster, to locally sourced halibut, red mullet, scotch beef, and lest we forget – its famous fish soup that has been satisfying local and tourists’ palates since 1998.
In the Menu
Gamba’s keeps things fresh, updating its menu every 6 weeks. All menus have gluten-free, lactose and dairy-free options for those who require it.
A la Carte dinner menu, as well as a value-lunch menu and “pre-theatre” menu that pairs house wine with your favorite seafood dishes for a good price are available.
The lunch menu offers a variety of high-standard seafood dishes coupled with delicious sides and savory deserts. For starters, make sure to order the signature Gamba fish soup to get your appetite ready for the entrée.
Main dishes range from tasty salmon with an Asian hint, to sea bream coupled with shrimps and capers, and even Venison sausages with chestnut mushrooms and pepper sauce.
Dinner menu also offers the lobster, scotch beef and a beautiful Isle of Ghiga halibut with haddock, farm vegetables and scallop cream.
Stay for desert with a local-favorite warm cherry tart, liquorice and white chocolate crème brulee, or a mouth-watering salted chocolate tart with peanut butter ice cream.
- Lunch menu: 2 course for £19; 3 courses for £22
- A La Carte: varies by meal; starters anywhere from £7 to £14, entrees from £11.5 to £34, desserts at £7
- Address:225A W George St, Glasgow G2 2ND, UK.
- Phone:+44 (0) 141-572-0899
- Rating:4.3 / 5
- Sunday:12:00-14:30, 17:00-21:00
- Monday:12:00-14:30, 17:00-22:00
- Tuesday:12:00-14:30, 17:00-22:00
- Wednesday:12:00-14:30, 17:00-22:00
- Thursday:12:00-14:30, 17:00-22:00
- Friday:12:00-14:30, 17:00-22:00
- Saturday:12:00-14:30, 17:00-22:00
Have you been in this place?